Skip to Sitemap

Hurricane Ida Recovery Information

Important Resources and Information for Recovery

A Path to Recovery

At First Bank and Trust (FBT) we are doing everything we can to make your recovery as easy as possible. We are waiving ATM foreign fees as well as working with you on other fees. We are maintaining daily updates as we work diligently to restore full banking services in all of our branch locations. For easy reference, we have compiled some useful information.

As always, we are here to serve you. Call your bank officer, branch manager, or our associates in the Solution Center - all are available to assist you. Contact us with your questions or concerns.

Whatever the challenge, we're in this together.

Branch Locations and Hours of Operations

All of our branch locations have returned to normal hours of operations. Please visit our branch locations page to view individual branch hours and locations.  

If you are unable to reach an FBT branch or ATM, the Community Cash Network of ATMs provides FBT customers with surcharge-free ATM access at locations throughout the Gulf South.  Additionally, during this time, we will waive foreign ATM fees.

Financial Assistance Direct Deposit

If you are eligible for FEMA financial assistance, the funds can be deposited directly into your bank account. You will need First Bank and Trust's routing number: 065002289 (which can also be found at the bottom of our website) and your checking or savings account number. If you need assistance finding your full account number, please call our Solution Center at 504-584-5900 or toll free 877-426-2498. 

Electrical Outage Map

Electric utility companies in Louisiana and Mississippi are working diligently to reconnect power to the area. Please use the following links to check the power outages in your area.

Entergy Outage Map

Cleco Outage Map


Internet Outage Information

Cox Internet - Consumer & Business

AT&T Internet - Outage Information

NOLA Broadband - Status Page

Recovery Resources Contact Info:

American Red Cross 1-800-733-2767
Amwaste 985-878-9998
AT&T Outage 1-800-288-2020
Charter Communication Outage 1-833-267-6094
DCFS - DSNAP 1-888-524-3578
DEQ Debris Hotline to report debris 225-364-7901
DRC Debris Questions 1-888-721-4372
FEMA | 1-800-621-3362
Debris Removal Assistance | Tarp on Roof



FEMA Assistance


NEWS RELEASE: Fema Expands Effort to Reach Ida Survivors

Several small, temporary FEMA disaster recovery centers have opened in hurricane-affected areas while FEMA teams travel door to door in communities - a combined effort by the state and FEMA to continue to reach survivors in need.

Click HERE to read the full press release and to find specific locations of temporary Disaster Recovery Centers in your area. 


Once you have filed an insurance claim with your homeowners or renters insurance (if applicable), you can file for additional disaster assistance through the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). If you do not have homeowners or renters insurance, you can still apply for disaster assistance. There are several ways to apply for FEMA assistance:

Online Application
On Your Smartphone     FEMA Mobile App
By Phone 1-800-621-3362 (TTY 1-800-462-7585)
In Person Disaster Recovery Centers


FEMA may provide some money for chainsaws and generators:

  • Chainsaws: The reimbursement amount for the purchase or rental of a chainsaw is up to $250. To be eligible, the chainsaw must have been used to gain access to the home or remove hazards from the home.
  • Generators: The reimbursement amount for the purchase or rental of a generator is up to $800. The generator must have been purchased or rented on Aug. 26 or later due to a disruption in electrical utility service as a result of the disaster. 

Because call volumes are high, the fastest way to complete your application is online or on the FEMA Mobile App. You can apply for both home and business disaster assistance in one application.

Before you begin your application:

  • Take photos of the damaged property and belongings.
  • Compile a list of all damages and losses.
  • If you have homeowners or renters insurance, file a claim with with your insurance company first.

Documents you will need for your application:

  • Proof of ID
  • Proof of Occupancy or Ownership
  • Insurance Determination Letter (if applicable)

You'll need the following to complete your registration:

  • Social Security Number (SSN) OR the SSN of a minor child in the household who is a U.S. Citizen, Non-Citizen National or Qualified Alien
  • Annual Household Income
  • Contact Information (phone number, mailing address, email address*, and damaged home address)
  • Insurance Information (coverage, insurance company name, etc.)
  • Bank Account Information (if you are eligible to receive financial assistance, the money can be deposited in your account)

* Note: You must provide an email address if you want to review your registration status online. If you do not provide an email address, you will be required to contact FEMA for any updates to your registration.

Once your application is completed, you will receive a letter from FEMA via electronic delivery or U.S. mail explaining what to expect next. If your application indicated damage and you cannot live in your primary residence, a FEMA representative will contact you by phone to schedule an exterior inspection of the property. All inspections are completed socially distanced, and the interior damages will be verbally confirmed by the resident or owner.


Transitional Sheltering Assistance

FEMA has approved Transitional Sheltering Assistance (TSA) for residents of the following Parishes. 

Ascension, Assumption, East Baton Rouge, East Feliciana, Iberia, Iberville, Jefferson, Lafourche, Livingston, Orleans, Plaquemines, Pointe Coupee, St. Bernard, St. Charles, St. Helena, St. James, St. John the Baptist, St. Martin, St. Mary, St. Tammany, Tangipahoa, Terrebonne, Washington, West Baton Rouge, and West Feliciana.

TSA provides temporary housing to eligible survivors from the above mentioned Parishes that have a dwelling damaged by Hurricane Ida. Eligible survivors must book their hotel stay themselves at a participating hotel in any of the following states: Louisiana, Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Florida, Mississippi, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Tennessee and Texas. 

The list of participating hotels will be posted on, under the link Transitional Sheltering Assistance Program or you can get it by calling the FEMA helpline at 800-621-3362. For TTY, call 800-462-7585. For 711 or Video Relay Service (VRS), call 800-621-3362.


Operation Blue Roof

To protect your home from further damage, contact the Army Corps of Engineers' Operation Blue Roof program. They provide and install free tarps on the roofs of primary residencies or permanently occupied homes with less than 50 percent structural damage. The blue roofs prevent further damage and allow families to remain in their homes until more permanent repairs can be made.

The following Parishes are eligible for temporary roofing:

Ascension St. Charles
Jefferson St. James
Lafourche St. John the Baptist
Livingston St. Tammany
Orleans Tangipahoa
Plaquemines     Terrebonne
St. Bernard  

Apply online at, or call 888-ROOF-BLU (888-766-3258).


Donations Needed:

United Way of Southeast Louisiana (UWSELA) is requesting donations to serve hard hit areas in Jefferson Parish. Donate items such as buckets, mops, brooms, cleaning liquids, baby diapers, adult diapers, baby formula, gloves, paper plates, cups, napkis, paper towels, and tissue paper. The UWSELA will continue to receive donations at 2515 Canal Street, New Orleans, for the next month. Donate between 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. from Monday through Thursday. 

FEMA Mobile Assistance:

FEMA mobile assistance for those affected by Hurricane Ida will be available at two locations in Livingston Parish. According to the Livingston Parish Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness (LOHSEP), the sites will run daily until 5 p.m.

  • Catholic Church in Albany - 30300 Catholic Hall Rd., Hammond, LA
  • First United Pentecostal Church - 29661 Hwy 441, Holden, LA

Contact Info:

Disaster Distress Hotline 1-800-985-5990
Report sewer backups 52-WATER
Debris Removal Assistance | Tarp on Roof
Missing Pets 504-368-5191 |


New Orleans CityBusiness: Navigating Ida insurance issues, federal resources, local challenges

Residential Garbage Disposal:

The City of New Orleans Department of Sanitation opened the Transfer Station at Elysian Fields Avenue for residents to temporarily dispose of bagged household garbage free of charge. The station is located at 2829 Elysian Fields Ave., and is open daily from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. For New Orleans residents only.

Debris Cleanup:

The City of New Orleans began emergency debris removal on Sept. 6. Click here to see information on post-storm safety and cleanup. 

FEMA Disaster Survivors Assistance:

FEMA representatives (with ASL interpreters) can help register residents, check application status, and answer questions Monday through Friday, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Rosenwald, Milne, Joe Brown, Cut Off, and Sanchez Recreation Centers. More information

Food and Water Assistance:

Debris Pickup:

Debris pickup began Sept. 8. Please separate debris into four piles: green debris, white goods, electronics, and household garbage. Debris contractors and Public Works crews will not pick up bagged garbage. For more information, visit

Points of Distribution:

All St. Tammany Points of Distribution (PODs) closed as of Sept. 7. 

Contact Info:

Questions about debris cleanup: 1-888-721-4372



Disaster Recovery Classes:

Northshore Technical Community College will be offering FREE Disaster Recovery Classes beginning this week in Hammond. Gain the immediate recovery skills to restore and rebuild your damaged homes. Pre-registration is REQUIRED, and seating is limited. Drywall and Electrical classes, call 985-5451809 for more information.

Disaster Clean-Up Assistance:

Tangipahoa Parish residents needing assistance with disaster clean-up can request help from the volunteer groups providing services in our parish. These groups are offering help with tree removal from homes, tarping damaged roofs, and muck outs of damaged property. To request assistance, please fill out this form